The Observer Program is composed of 15-16 members who attend governmental organization meetings and report their actions to the members. The agencies attended are: City Council and Council committees; Perrysburg School Board; Perrysburg Township Trustees and The Way Library.
The observers monitor what decisions are being made and how they are being made. Are they being made in the Sunshine? Are they attentive to the needs of the Citizens? Generally observers do not act on issue unless designated to by the league board on issues for which the league has a policy position.
Observers benefit our members and the community by:
- CONNECTING CITIZENS WITH GOVERNMENT
- BECOMING AQUAINTED WITH ISSUES IN THE COMMUNITY
- PROMOTING OPEN, TRANSPARENT AND ACCOUNTABLE GOVERNMENT
- CONNECTING OFFICIALS WITH THEIR CONSTITUTENTS.
- IDENTIFING AREAS WHERE IMPROVEMENT IS NEEDED
- ATTRACTING LIKE MINDED CITIZENS AND ORGANIZATIONS TO ISSUES
- BECOMING A FORCE IN THE COMMUNITY